Another shoutout for my good friend Cammie! She always gives me the best ideas. I'm sure I'm just pissy enough today to think of 10 things that make me mad.
1. My menstrual cycle. WTF, man. My cycles have always been ridiculously wonky (some months it's 28, then 32, then 26 - make up your damn mind already). On top of that, they are so stupidly long. I swear, I have the longest periods on the planet. Why can't I get a nice 4 day one like the rest of the world?
2. The scale. Why must it hate me so? I have been doing Weight Watchers on and off since 2002. I know it works, when I actually decide to stick to it. But healthy foods are no freaking fun. Thus, my hatred of the scale. Numbers tend to go up when you have cake for lunch instead of that Lean Cuisine that's sitting in the freezer.
3. Winter. Sorry to "steal" this one from Cammie, but I am right there with her. Winter is the bane of my existence. I don't understand people who enjoy it. Skiing? Why would you want to subject yourself to that? I hate being cold. I hate dressing in layers. I hate having the windows closed and waking up with a nosebleed because the air is so dry. I hate waking up to find that the temperature in the house has dropped to 52 degrees because the oil burner decided to stop working, thus requiring a visit from the oil company at 4am - IF they're available. If I could move to Florida, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
4. When work is slow. Like now. Oh my hell, when there's nothing to do at work, it makes the day draaaaaag. And then I have to look like I'm busy, because I feel all guilty not having anything to do, as if I could make work appear in front of me.
5. Snoring. Specifically, my husband's snoring. The man sounds like a chainsaw gone berserk. I've actually recorded it on video, so that I can show him that he does, indeed, snore. Because when I nudge, er, kick the crap out of him to wake him up so he'll stop, he says "I wasn't snoring". Um, yeah. OK.
6. The fact that my friends live so far away. Yes, another ditto for Cammie. They're all over the country, and none are in NY. I have to drive and/or fly for at least two hours to get to just one of them. I don't get to see them nearly enough. They started out as "internet friends", but over the years they've evolved into the kind of girlfriends you wait your whole life for, and intend to keep for your whole life. These girls are better friends long distance than some people I've known locally for my entire life. And yet none of them will move to NY. The hell?
7. 5:30am. Who knew it was possible for the two hands on a clock to make a person mad? Waking up at 5:30am sucks. No matter how early I go to bed, I'm always dead tired and have a hard time waking up. Why can't I be like all those young 'uns who get to wake up at 7am and still make it to work by 9? Oh yeah, because I have kids.
8. Opinion shovers. People who think that their opinion on politics, religion (or whatever) is THE ONLY WAY TO THINK. You can believe whatever you want. Don't shove it down my throat. You're a republican? Great. You're Catholic/Jewish/Buddhist? Awesome. Leave me out of it. I suck at debating so even if your opinion is wrong, I won't win. So I won't debate with you OR listen to you ramble on about it.
9. Friends who are not friends. Luckily, I don't have any of these in my life at the moment - at least I don't think I do! But someone who is nice to your face and then talks crap about you when you're not there, or someone who only thinks about themselves. Or someone who won't stick up for you when you need it. Getting these kinds of people out of my life was the best thing I've ever done.
10. Seeing pictures of dead "babies" who were killed fighting this pointless war in Iraq/Afghanistan. These soldiers died for their country before they ever even had a chance to live. 19 years old, being killed by a roadside bomb? Where's the justice in that? We're fighting a war that never should have started.