I'm stealing this from Cammie. I am not responsible for any typos. Blame the cherry vodka.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? I changed a boy diaper. Many boy diapers, actually.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember if I made any last year. Probably to get pregnant, which I accomplished, and to lose weight, which I did not.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Do I count?
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not me personally. But my friend Andrea lost her husband suddenly and tragically. It has really affected me and made me appreciate what I have all the more. My uncle Walt also passed away after a very long life and a (thankfully) very short illness.
5. What countries did you visit? Uh, just this one.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Life insurance. Seriously, I really need to get on that.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Many! For starters, October 14, the birth of my sweet boy Christopher. My 7th wedding anniversary. Lauren's 5th birthday. Her first day of kindergarten.
8)What was your biggest achievement of the year? Christopher.
9. What was your biggest failure? Hmmm. Can't say I failed at anything.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really - just some scary times in the 2nd trimester of my pregnancy. Luckily everything turned out OK obviously.
11. What was the best thing you bought? It's not mine, but Jason's iPod touch kicks some ass.
12. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage payments.
13.did you get really, really, really excited about? Having another baby, and spending time with my bestest girlfriends.
14. What song will always remind you of 2008? Uptown Girl, Billy Joel. Yeah, it came out in like 1986, but it was the song Lauren danced to at her very first dance recital.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? Happier. thinner or fatter? sigh....fatter) richer or poorer? poorer
16. What do you wish you’d done more of? Fun stuff with Lauren. I suck at that.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating
18. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve with just Jason, Lauren and Christopher. Christmas day with my parents.
19.Did you fall in love in 2008? Not with anyone new!
20. What was your favorite TV program? Grey's Anatomy
21.. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't hate...do I dislike anyone now that I did not this time last year? Yes.
22.. What was the best book you read? Nineteen Minutes and The Pact.
23.. What did you want and get? Ugg boots (although they haven't arrived yet) and a new baby!
24. What did you want and not get? A Wii - although it's coming. I just have to find it.
25What was your favorite film of this year? Rent On Broadway - mainly because I didn't see much else worth remembering.
26.. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 31. I have no clue what I did, so it couldn't have been all that exciting.
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Win the lottery?
28.What kept you sane? My friends
29. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Adam Pascal...yum. Holy crap, I love him.
30. What political issue stirred you the most? The election in general.
31. Who did you miss? My best friends, who are scattered all over the country.
32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Cherish what you have. You never know when it can all be taken away.
33. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Forget Regret or life is yours to miss"